The person who prepares espresso is surely an artist since the process of making it is no less than a beautiful art. However, to create your masterpiece, you require some tools such as your very own espresso machine. Once you own a coffee maker, you have to maintain it regularly so that it can provide you with a delicious cup of espresso every day. Everything needs maintenance and so does your home espresso maker. Here are some of the important maintenance tips that will come handy in keeping your product in good condition for a long time.
- You have to make sure that the portafilter and grouphead are free from any impurities or debris. If you don't, your portafilter will start functioning improperly after a few weeks and your coffee will contain unhygienic elements in it. That is why it is essential for you to wipe it after every use.
- Once you have wiped off and removed all the debris, run water inside the portafilter to make sure it is completely clean.
- Sweep the leftovers from your grinder by using a clean brush.
- For cleaning the steam wand, soak it in bubbling water for at least fifteen minutes regularly and wipe it off.
- You can also soak the portafilter in bubbling water or detergent for about twenty-five minutes. If it is very messy, increase the time. After soaking, you should properly rinse and scrub it. Do this at least once in a week.
- Backflush the machine by detaching the perforated carrier that is in the portafilter and running water across it with the solid carrier inside. Backflushing helps eliminate all the debris and oil from the machine.
Also, don't forget to descale your espresso maker daily to ensure the long lifespan of your espresso machine. More maintaining tips can be found on www.espressomachineinsider.com, so make sure to check if you need a guide or have a problem with your machine.